Apply for Masters in Canada has become one of the most popular options for those who plan to pursue an undergraduate degree at a country with high level of science and education resources and interactions. Canada is one of the best countries in the world for students, which in addition to having a significant safeness and well-being, it issuance the most reputable academic degrees.
Existence of great universities that have gained excellent positions in the prestigious world rankings, as well as the variety of new fields of study that offer a bright academic and career future, make everyone want to continue their studies in this country.
There are two different types of education systems in Canada for graduate study. In research-oriented courses, the student works on a research topic and presents its results in the form of a dissertation. In the education-oriented course, the student receives his master’s degree only by attending classes and passing courses. Postgraduate courses in Canada are a combination of traditional and modern education.
However, many questions need to be answered to take the first step on the way to apply for Master in Canada. Here we answer some common questions in this field.
Why Study in Canada?
Not all of the Advantages of Studying in Canada Does fit in this article, but if you want to point out the things that are most important to the applicant for a master’s degree, these include the following items:
Studying in the Most Advanced Universities
Canada has reputable higher educational institutions that have the advanced educational equipment, equipped research centers and the well-known professors. Excellent teaching methods are used in Canadian universities, and significant discoveries and findings are made in them.
Obtaining Permanent residency
Canada is a highly immigrant accepting country, both in terms of the culture of its people and in terms of government policies. In fact, the policies of this government are aimed at attracting the foreigner applicants to study in this country as well as the simple labor force and achieving economic growth in this way.
Since the country’s indigenous labor force does not suffice for its large industries and businesses, the government is making it easier to attract student and, and give foreigners permanent residency.
Gaining job opportunities
Studying in Canada means acquiring citizenship, as well as having significant job opportunities. Indeed, the thriving industries and businesses in this country have great potential for attracting foreign students and graduates. Many Canadian universities have kind of educational system that prepares students to enter the job market. Many industries even interact with universities and guarantee their future careers as soon as students enter the university.
Even if one intends to move to another country or return home after completing the master course, a Canada’s academic degree is so valid that it is easily absorbed into the job market.
Tuition and fees at Canadian universities are much lower than in the US, Australia and the UK. This is a great advantage considering that Canada’s level of science and educational level is not inferior to these three countries. Many kinds of Scholarships are offered by Canadian universities, which may include you. In addition, students in Canada are allowed to work more than 20 hour a week, which can be a study aid for them.
Experience living in one of the best countries in the world
As the second largest country in the world after Russia and the third largest oil producer, Canada is one of the best places to live in the world. Ninety-nine percent of the country’s population is literate and has the lowest crime rates. The government of this country has been very peaceful and has pursued friendly policies with its people and other countries. The country organizes a variety of cultural and artistic festivals and event and does not spare anything to provide great conditions for its citizens.
Canada ranks second in terms of quality of life and are very economically advanced and prosperous after the United States. It also provides significant social, medical and welfare services to indigenous and non-indigenous people in the country. In addition, Canada is a beautiful country whose pristine nature is one of the best resorts with the most lakes in the world.
How have to apply for master in Canada while studying?
1. The first step is to identify the universities that offer a master’s degree in your field.
2. To be accepted to a Canadian university, you must visit the official website of your desirable university. Most universities and institutions of higher education in Canada have their own separate system for submitting the required documents for admission.
3. After that, you must provide the necessary documents and conditions to be admitted to the desired university. Regularly admission to a Canadian Master’s Degree depends on your English language degree score, recent grade point average, transcripts and number of credits required the connection between undergraduate and graduate degree, student admission capacity at your desirable university, relevant work experience, etc.
4. Then you have to upload a scan of each required document as an electronic file in the system. The deadline for submitting documents varies depending on the university and discipline.
5. Once you have been accepted to a Canadian university, you can apply for a student visa and be allowed to enter that country.
How much does it cost to get a master’s degree in Canada?
Tuition fees vary widely from university to university in Canada. In addition, it largely depends on your field of study. For example, the Arts and Humanities science have the lowest tuition and dentistry, architecture and business administration have the highest tuition among Canadian universities.
However, on average, tuition for international graduate students is between $ 13,000 and $ 21,000 per academic year. Of course, you also have to consider the cost of living. Thus, in general, international students in Canada have to spend $ 20,000 a year on rent and other living expenses.
How can I study Masters in Canada free?
Education in many grades is free for Canadian citizens. Nevertheless, studying in Canada for international students cannot be without tuition and all international applicants to study in this country must pay the tuition fee. Of course, there are scholarships in this country that can be considered as grants.
According to the ideal conditions and a strong academic and work resume, such as having IELTS 7, submitting international papers, having letters of recommendation from prominent professors and reviewing the conditions of the destination university, and considering that the deadline for universities is January and February, can apply for a postgraduate scholarship to study in Canada.
Are master’s students paid in Canada?
If you are accepted into a Canadian scholarship, you will receive an academic stipend. The amount and manner of this grant depends on the type of scholarship.
When should I apply for Masters in Canada?
The exact deadline to apply for masters in Canada varies depending on the different universities. However, these higher educational institutes typically accept students each year, once in the fall and once in the spring. To apply for universities of Canada you have to apply for each semester earlier than six months.
Most Canadian universities begin the fall semester in September. The fall semester runs through December, after which universities are closed for a week or two for the Christmas holidays. After the Christmas holidays, the new semester begins in January and lasts until late April. During the winter semester, universities are closed for about a week in mid-March as a spring break.
Is it too late to apply for fall 2021?
The deadline for Canadian universities to apply for the fall semester is usually January 15. The application deadline for the winter semester of Canadian universities is September 1. The deadlines for Canadian universities are different, and some universities have different deadlines for international applicants than deadlines for Canadian applicants. Therefore, if you want to know whether it is too late for apply or not, you should refer to the official website of the desirable university.
The best universities in Canada
According to the latest published statistics, 97 Universities in Canada offer master courses and the number of students who have applied for postgraduate courses in Canada from different countries reaches more than 350,000 students, of which about 20,000 are international students.
Here are three of Canada’s best universities in master grade for non-native students:
1. McGill University: It is one of the Canadian universities with the largest number of international graduate students in the fields of Engineering disciplines, Science, English, Economy and Business management for master course.
2. University of Toronto: This University is also very popular among non-native applicants by offering courses in mechanical and industrial engineering as well as mathematics at the master’s level.
3. University of British Columbia: Business Management, Engineering, Sciences, Economics, Agriculture, Anthropology, Biology, Architecture, Philosophy and history is one of the fields of study at this university where international students receive a master’s degree in research.
How much CGPA is required for Masters in Canada?
A valid bachelor’s degree with an accepted GPA is often a score of 3 out of 4.
What is the age limit for Masters in Canada?
The age requirement for this course in Canada is that the academic gap between a bachelor’s and a master’s degree should not be more than 4 or 5 years, and it is better for a student to be less than 23 years old to study at this level.
Which is the most important documents requirement for master in Canada?
1. Resume in which you introduce all your personal, life and educational information
2. Original documents of Bachelor and previous grades and transcripts that must be translated into English or French
3. Letters of recommendation from two or three of your professors in previous degrees, by introducing your scientific and academic skills to confirm your study for a master’s degree in the Canada
4. Motivation letter in which you will explain your reason for choosing Canada to continue your education
5. Submit an IELTS and TOEFL test certificate that must have a minimum score of 6.5 and 79 Respectively
6. Portfolios and articles you have published in reputable journals
Language proficiency requirements
According to Canadian Government and Immigration and Refugee Law, having a CLB level 4 or higher in English or having an IELTS and TOEFL equivalent is required to obtain these country universities acceptances.
The French TCF is the only certification issued by the CIEP and is equivalent to TOEFL or IELTS.
The most important cities in Canada
1. Ottawa: The city of Ottawa is one of the most important cities, which is the capital of Canada and the fourth largest city in this country.
2. Toronto: this is one of the most important cities in Canada, which is the largest city of this country and the capital of Ontario. It is located in the southern province of Ontario on the northwest shore of Lake Ontario. The city of Toronto is known as a relatively modern city.
3. Halifax: this is one of the most important cities in Canada, which is the largest Atlantic city in this country and one of the busiest ports in East and North America, which has a beautiful nature due to its proximity to the Atlantic Ocean.
It may seem difficult at first to get a master’s degree in Canada, but the benefits are so great that it will definitely make your future academic, career and even family life in the best possible way.